(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Buckingham created and published in 1996 the unorganisation philosophy. Subsequently, he became a serial entrepreneur. He founded his first start up in 1999, Mobile Lifestreams, which started out as a research and consulting company. Buckingham authoring the "Yes 2 SMS" report that accurately predicted the success of the SMS text messaging service. Buckingham registered and launched the domain name and service ringtones.com. Mobile Lifestreams was renamed Mobile Streams and completed its initial public offering in February 2006 (LSE:MOS). At the same time, Liberty Media, the U.S. content company became a strategic investor in the company.
In January 2006, Buckingham become the CEO of Zoombak, a provider of GPS devices and services for family safety and enterprise applications. Zoombak was owned by Liberty Media but managed by Buckingham and Mobile Streams. More than 100,000 Zoombak devices had been shipped by October 2009.
In 2010, Buckingham founded his third start up in New York, Appitalism, an open app store, that launched in September 2010 in 51 countries.
in 2020, Simon launched Nonvoice, world's first 5G Apps Agency to help consumer and enterprise app developers realize the full potential for their apps through additional business support, investment and distribution opportunities. https://www.nonvoice.com
- ^ "Management Team". Mobile Streams. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- ^ Cummings, Laura (1 May 2003). "How mobiles made me". BBC.
- ^ "How to turn £20 into over £100m". Intent Media.
- ^ "MOS Mobile Streams PLC". London Stock Exchange.
- ^ "Mobile Streams within Liberty Media Capital Group". Liberty Media.
- ^ "Executive Team". Zoombak. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- ^ <... ...read more